Curbside Pick Up Now Available
From Library Board President Jon Britt
Dear Fellow Fishers Islanders,
It is with great excitement that we announce a limited opening of our beloved library. The Suffolk Cooperative Library System has lifted some restrictions on patron access to library collections. Given this happy news, we now have the ability to offer curbside access to our wide-ranging collection of books, DVDs, magazines, and puzzles. As our highest priority is the safety of our patrons and staff, we have some common sense protocols in place to allow for social distancing and time for cleaning. Please read below to learn more about this new system. We look forward to helping you with your next great read!
1. In order to check out materials, please email Ann Banks at email@example.com or call her at (631) 788-7362 with your requests.
- We ask that all library requests be made between 9-11 am. Those who have placed morning orders can pick up their materials between 2-5 pm the same day. If you place a request after 12 noon, it will be ready the following day.
- On Wednesdays and Saturdays, we ask that requests be made between 9-10:30 am and pick-ups be made between 11 am-12 noon.
- As always, the limit per patron is five books and/or other materials. The due date is two weeks from check out.
2. Your materials will be available (in a new bag) on the front porch with your name on it between 2-5 pm on the day of the order.
3. Please wear masks at all times while on the library property. Maintain social distancing if others are present.
4. Please let Ann know when you are returning items and place them in the box next to the front door. We will sequester returned materials for 72 hours and then reshelve.
5. We will be cleaning the library and wiping doorknobs and any outside “touchpoints” several times a day. Ann will use gloves when assembling materials for circulation.
6. Having trouble deciding what to read? Peruse our entire collection on our website. Just go to: filibrary.org and click on the “Library Catalog” link. And don’t forget that Live-brary has thousands of ebooks, magazines, newspapers and other media to download at the click of a button. Ask Ann for a library card to get started.
We look forward to getting back to the business of books, learning, curiosity and fun. We are here to serve you and hope to hear from you soon!
Summer Programming Notes:
As we grapple with new norms of social distancing, health protocols and federal, state and local requirements, we are reviewing our summer plans for events and author talks. As of now, we have decided to cancel all indoor programming. However, our expansive Madden Garden can potentially be used as a gathering place for some outside events. With its amphitheater seating that can offer six-feet distancing, we are exploring using this venue later in the summer. In addition, we are likely to hold some author talks virtually. Please stay tuned for further news about our summer schedule.